Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Warm Sunny Autumn Days

Dear sweet friends,

Show me a person who does not love Autumns and I will box that persons ears. I belive Autumn is the best time of the year. Autumn is not cold, not hot, has that warm fuzzy feeling about it :) and you still can go out without layering clothes upon your body, the sun shines bright and the leaves change their colors and move/dance with the wind. You can still eat icecream without being afraid to catch a cold and you can feel winter coming. Present season will knock on our doors soon, are you ready?! I believe Ned Stark was not joking when he was saying that Winter is coming!
Kidding aside, I may have a hot/soft spot for Autumn due to the fact that my birthday is in this lovely season. Guess what? This year my birthday will actually be in the same day I was born: Sunday :) Did I also mention that Sundays rock? I dont know about you lads/lasses but on Friday one has to finish work, run errands around the house. Saturday all stops and I can get to sleep late - considering that each day I wake up around 5:30 AM, I consider waking up Saturday at 9-10 AM quite reasonable! So Sunday is the best day for me :) We get some energy in Saturday and we get to have fun on Sunday.
If you are reading this blog for quite a while, you may have noticed that we have a soft spot for a couple of places in town, where we feel very much like home. One of those places is  Bona - Ksiazka i kawa, where we like to spend the time out on the terrace - looking at people being fascinated by this beautiful city, carriages with horses well groomed, couple of newlyweds coming out of the church... The little bookstore/coffee shop is right next to the church St. Piotr and Pawel Church, the church where Marek and I got married :)
It is one of the first secret places I have found here in Krakow and I consider it as our own :) It has a lovely athmosphere and everything feels just right there. Sometimes it makes me feel as if I would be in another place or another time. For example, a week back (when we actually took the pictures in this blog post) when I entered the room I was greeted by the magical sounds of the soundtrack from Amelie. It made me think immediately of creme brulee and Audrey Tautou.
Everything I have ever tasted here was wonderful and even the thought of it makes my mouth water now, as I am writing this post. For example, last week Marek went with his favourite coffee Americano + the fruit salad with icecream and whipped cream. I chose the pineapple caramel rum icecream - whipped cream treat that was sweeter than pure honey from the bees :) Smooth, sweet, delicious, fresh, a true experience for the taste buds! By the way, did you know that the pineapple is not, strictly speaking, a fruit? Rather it is 100-200 fruitlets all fused together!
Oh! And did I mention I just love October? It may be because of my birthday again... or maybe because Halloween is coming? Or maybe because the trees are just losing their multicolored foliage... or maybe because one cannot simply get too much spiced pumpking latte! Either way, you have to feel it as well: tastebuds tingling due to the muchness of grapes, slow cooked stews, hearty soups, hot chocolate and warm cider/beer/mulled wine to keep you warm and cozy inside-out :) Oh, and is there anyone out that who doesnt like to snuggle with a good book, with a great book, like lets say Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer? Good books and good tea + warm blanket = best friends forever :)

Yours truly,
A Warm Sunny Autumn Day Fan = The LadyBug