Wednesday, March 18, 2015

COOKIES FOR SANTA!

Im pretty sure Santa gets tired of eating plain old chocolate chip cookies from every house every year... I know I would.

Thats exactly why, this Christmas eve, Ive decided to make cream cheese cookie cut outs! I have always wanted to try cream cheese cookies cause it sounds really good and I wanted to involve Christmas in my baking by using festive cut out shapes for my cookies.

Ingredients

So the first thing I did was beat together the butter, cream cheese. sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract in one bowl [pic 1]. Then in a separate bowl I combined flour and baking powder [pic 2]. And lastly I added the flour and baking powder to the other bowl and beat it together.


(1)
(3) and combine
(2)

Once it was beat together it made a dough which I cut in half as instructed and wrapped separately in plastic wrap.

"Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours" (18). The reason I quoted that particular line is because normally you are supposed to leave dough out at room temperature to rise; but the instructions informed me to refrigerate. I didnt know you could do this so I learned something new (the dough stuck together more when it was refrigerated.)

(4)
Once my dough had been sitting for 2 hours I rolled it out, one half at a time. And lastly, I used my festive cookie cutters and into the oven they went! 


(5)
(6)


Finished Product:

I forgot to get sprinkles so they look really plain.



Questions:
1. Have you ever made something else besides chocolate chip cookies for Santa?
or
2. Whats your favorite winter holiday dessert and why?