Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Xdrive issues

Xdrive issues


Xdrive is officially my most hated online webapp. Ive never had so many problems with an online service as I have with AOLs storage website.

I had many issues with logging in after AOL acquired Xdrive, issues with my files being up. Before they started using Adobe AIR, they had another application which was a real pain. Syncing would only sometimes work. Again, more issues with logging in from the app. Uninstalling was a terrible experience. With their new app, I was one of the few in which the app cause a blue screen in my Vista system. I like the AIR technology, but their application could use a lot of work. Like how about seeing the upload speed on a file transfer?

Just yesterday, I loaded up the AIR application and my floppy drive starts making noises. The application is trying to access the floppy drive even though theres no disk inserted. There hasnt been a damn disk inserted for over 2 years now. The simple solution, of course, is to disable my solution, but thats awful programming.

Its such a great service, 5GB of free space with no file size limit. The latter is its greatest selling point but its interface and application are so clunky. Ill continue using it, but I hope to see some improvement or else Ill be trying some other service.

Update: Looks like AOL got rid of the service now. Good riddance?

Technorati Tags: xdrive


class=zemanta-pixie-img/


go to link download